In episode #944, we discuss what percentage of your revenue should be allocated to marketing. Tune in to hear how much you should be spending.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Percentage of Your Revenue Should You Allocate to Marketing?
- [00:45] We think budgets are useless.
- [00:55] Even Fortune 1000 companies agree with us.
- [01:15] If you could spend money and it’s profitable, why wouldn’t you keep scaling up?
- [01:30] Budgets should be based on profitability.
- [02:10] There’s nothing wrong with losing money on the front end.
- [02:35] If you have to have a percentage, most people would say 15% (or somewhere in that range).
- [02:55] Neil would start with as little at $100-1000.
- [03:47] If you have a service business, the more customers you add, the worse the service gets. It’s different when you have a product.
- [04:08] Focus on getting the ratio correct.
- [04:10] That’s all for today!
- [04:13] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...