In episode #944, we discuss what percentage of your revenue should be allocated to marketing. Tune in to hear how much you should be spending.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Percentage of Your Revenue Should You Allocate to Marketing?
- [00:45] We think budgets are useless.
- [00:55] Even Fortune 1000 companies agree with us.
- [01:15] If you could spend money and it’s profitable, why wouldn’t you keep scaling up?
- [01:30] Budgets should be based on profitability.
- [02:10] There’s nothing wrong with losing money on the front end.
- [02:35] If you have to have a percentage, most people would say 15% (or somewhere in that range).
- [02:55] Neil would start with as little at $100-1000.
- [03:47] If you have a service business, the more customers you add, the worse the service gets. It’s different when you have a product.
- [04:08] Focus on getting the ratio correct.
- [04:10] That’s all for today!
- [04:13] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...