In episode #648, Eric and Neil discuss how to prioritize your marketing. Tune in to hear what you should be doing before anything else.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Runs First? How to Prioritize Your Marketing
- [00:50] If you are improving every week by 1-2%, this means you are improving by 50% per year, which is a good place to be,
- [01:16] Look at the funnel first: you can see in Google Analytics what’s working and what isn’t.
- [01:41] From there, you can determine what to focus on.
- [01:57] Look at what’s causing the biggest drop-off and run AB tests.
- [02:38] If you have a leaky bucket, you wouldn’t pour more water in.
- [02:53] Make sure your funnel is optimized before you drive a lot of traffic to it.
- [03:00] Both Eric and Neil know a man named Shaun Ellis who was on the growth team for Dropbox.
- [03:10] He went on to create Growth Hackers. They have since released a growth management tool. North Star.
- [03:40] North Star uses the ICE model (Impact, Confidence, Ease)
- [04:36] Average your scores in each category.
- [04:44] North Star allows you to test different hypotheses.
- [05:15] The problem with the ICE framework is that it only works if someone in your company knows marketing really well.
- [05:52] Once you fix your funnel, it’s all about driving traffic to your site/funnel.
- [06:00] The best traffic is paid traffic.
- [06:12] For paid traffic, you can try Facebook, Taboola, Outbrain, etc.
- [06:30] Measure traffic based on the ROI.
- [07:04] That’s all for today!
- [07:07] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...