In episode #2018, Neil and Eric talk about what businesses should do as labor prices increase. While it’s vitally important that workers be paid what they’re worth, some of the current trends in salaries are decidedly counterintuitive. Tune in to hear about some of the outrageous starting salaries in tech and marketing right now, and how you should be approaching this trend.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: What Should Businesses Do as Labor Prices Increase.
- [00:32] How Neil would approach the spike in labor costs in certain sectors.
- [00:58] Some of the implications of overpaying for talent and what to do instead.
- [02:41] How to institute a signing bonus to compensate for a salary bump.
- [03:31] Why you should be patient and detach yourself from what other companies are doing.
- [04:09] That’s it for today!
- [04:14] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Chris Voss Teaches the Art of Negotiation: https://www.masterclass.com/classes/chris-voss-teaches-the-art-of-negotiation
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....