In episode #821, we discuss what you should do if paid ads aren’t working. Tune in to hear how you can fix this failure.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Should You Do if Paid Ads Don’t Work?
- [00:34] People keep running ads that aren’t working. You don’t need to cut the ads, just pause them.
- [01:01] Just because you spend money, doesn’t guarantee revenue.
- [01:30] Back at Treehouse, Eric paused ads when he first got there.
- [01:50] Pausing campaigns allows you to look at the data and determine what the issues are.
- [02:30] If you are constantly spending, you won’t have time to reflect and ask the right questions.
- [03:20] If your ads aren’t working, use SEMRush and see what your competition is bidding on.
- [03:50] This will give you an idea about what your direction should be.
- [04:40] In most cases, you should be retargeting.
- [04:55] Facebook recently gave you the ability to compare your ads to competitors.
- [05:15] If your Facebook ads stall out, change your ad and messaging.
- [05:30] People have banner blindness.
- [05:36] that’s all for today!
- [05:42] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1536, we cover the often-dreaded cold email. We hear about what makes a good subject line, Neil and Eric’s personal experience sending cold emails and the importance of having a good bod...
In episode #1535, we give you the one marketing skill that will get you hired in 2020 – and it is not SEO or PPC! As Andrew Chen famously said, “All marketing channels eventually go to shit.” Th...
In episode #1534, we discuss how to get clients in today’s environment. The best thing you can do is to approach prospective clients with step-by-step solutions that require zero effort on their par...