In episode #821, we discuss what you should do if paid ads aren’t working. Tune in to hear how you can fix this failure.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Should You Do if Paid Ads Don’t Work?
- [00:34] People keep running ads that aren’t working. You don’t need to cut the ads, just pause them.
- [01:01] Just because you spend money, doesn’t guarantee revenue.
- [01:30] Back at Treehouse, Eric paused ads when he first got there.
- [01:50] Pausing campaigns allows you to look at the data and determine what the issues are.
- [02:30] If you are constantly spending, you won’t have time to reflect and ask the right questions.
- [03:20] If your ads aren’t working, use SEMRush and see what your competition is bidding on.
- [03:50] This will give you an idea about what your direction should be.
- [04:40] In most cases, you should be retargeting.
- [04:55] Facebook recently gave you the ability to compare your ads to competitors.
- [05:15] If your Facebook ads stall out, change your ad and messaging.
- [05:30] People have banner blindness.
- [05:36] that’s all for today!
- [05:42] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2415, we discuss whether newsletters are good businesses. Newsletters can be a great way to build an audience, as well as something you can charge subscribers for, but are they the best us...
In episode #2414, we talk about whether you should build or buy when it comes to talent in your company. There are arguments to be made for both routes to growing your company and its teams, and here ...
In episode #2413, we discuss how to take accountability for your marketing screwups. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what kind of marketing genius you are, you will screw up at some point. ...