In episode #804, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do when you are not hitting your numbers. Tune in to hear why experiments are necessary for marketing.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Should You Do When You Are Not Hitting Your Numbers
- [00:35] Back when Eric was at Treehouse, he was only one month into the job and the revenue was flat.
- [01:00] The CEO pulled him aside and said they would let him go if he didn’t improve the numbers.
- [01:09] Eric paused their ad spend and audited everything they were doing marketing-wise.
- [01:30] He saw some trends and bet everything on YouTube advertising.
- [02:00] If you are not hitting your numbers, your system isn’t working.
- [02:20] It’s important to perform drastic experiments.
- [03:10] Run traction meetings.
- [03:22] Within the meetings, always have an experimentation section for the content team.
- [04:30] The traction ICE model helps you break things down.
- [05:00] Neil rolled out a webinar the other day and changed up the lead-flow. The sales team went crazy.
- [05:55] Changing it up is timeless wisdom!
- [05:56] That’s it for today!
- [06:00] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...