In episode #804, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do when you are not hitting your numbers. Tune in to hear why experiments are necessary for marketing.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Should You Do When You Are Not Hitting Your Numbers
- [00:35] Back when Eric was at Treehouse, he was only one month into the job and the revenue was flat.
- [01:00] The CEO pulled him aside and said they would let him go if he didn’t improve the numbers.
- [01:09] Eric paused their ad spend and audited everything they were doing marketing-wise.
- [01:30] He saw some trends and bet everything on YouTube advertising.
- [02:00] If you are not hitting your numbers, your system isn’t working.
- [02:20] It’s important to perform drastic experiments.
- [03:10] Run traction meetings.
- [03:22] Within the meetings, always have an experimentation section for the content team.
- [04:30] The traction ICE model helps you break things down.
- [05:00] Neil rolled out a webinar the other day and changed up the lead-flow. The sales team went crazy.
- [05:55] Changing it up is timeless wisdom!
- [05:56] That’s it for today!
- [06:00] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...