In episode #740, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do when you aren’t growing. Tune in to hear how you can stimulate growth.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Should You Do When You’re Not Growing
- [00:45] If Eric is in a rut, he likes to take a break.
- [01:08] Clearing his head allows him to move forward and come up with better/new ideas.
- [01:25] When people stop growing, it is because they are relying on old tactics.
- [01:37] Neil likes to run drastic experiments to test out new ideas.
- [01:53] Growth is often boosted by unorthodox methods.
- [02:00] At Crazy Egg, they grew quickly by switching the homepage from a long sales page, to a much shorter, concise page.
- [02:15] They also tested the “sign in with Google” option, which worked out well.
- [02:35] After those methods began to hurt them, they switched it up again.
- [03:15] In general, if growth slows down, do the opposite of what you are currently doing.
- [03:30] Eric has a friend that does video advertising.
- [03:55] His secret is that he does the opposite of what people expect or request.
- [04:15] Think about how you can turn ideas on their heads.
- [04:55] That’s all for today!
- [04:58] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...
In episode #2182, Neil and Eric talk about how they would start from scratch today. While a lot of trends in marketing are continually evolving, there will always be a place for good content and engag...
In episode #2181, Neil and Eric talk about Meta’s announcement that Facebook will be undergoing a redesign based on the TikTok platform. Facebook has always excelled at taking what's working for oth...