In episode #740, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do when you aren’t growing. Tune in to hear how you can stimulate growth.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Should You Do When You’re Not Growing
- [00:45] If Eric is in a rut, he likes to take a break.
- [01:08] Clearing his head allows him to move forward and come up with better/new ideas.
- [01:25] When people stop growing, it is because they are relying on old tactics.
- [01:37] Neil likes to run drastic experiments to test out new ideas.
- [01:53] Growth is often boosted by unorthodox methods.
- [02:00] At Crazy Egg, they grew quickly by switching the homepage from a long sales page, to a much shorter, concise page.
- [02:15] They also tested the “sign in with Google” option, which worked out well.
- [02:35] After those methods began to hurt them, they switched it up again.
- [03:15] In general, if growth slows down, do the opposite of what you are currently doing.
- [03:30] Eric has a friend that does video advertising.
- [03:55] His secret is that he does the opposite of what people expect or request.
- [04:15] Think about how you can turn ideas on their heads.
- [04:55] That’s all for today!
- [04:58] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #962, we discuss how to target effectively on LinkedIn. Tune in to hear how you can get the right people to engage with your content....
In episode #961, we discuss whether blogging is still relevant. Tune in to hear if this method is still effective....
In episode #960, we discuss 7 simple tactics that always work. Tune in to hear how you can use social media marketing to your advantage....