In episode #740, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do when you aren’t growing. Tune in to hear how you can stimulate growth.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Should You Do When You’re Not Growing
- [00:45] If Eric is in a rut, he likes to take a break.
- [01:08] Clearing his head allows him to move forward and come up with better/new ideas.
- [01:25] When people stop growing, it is because they are relying on old tactics.
- [01:37] Neil likes to run drastic experiments to test out new ideas.
- [01:53] Growth is often boosted by unorthodox methods.
- [02:00] At Crazy Egg, they grew quickly by switching the homepage from a long sales page, to a much shorter, concise page.
- [02:15] They also tested the “sign in with Google” option, which worked out well.
- [02:35] After those methods began to hurt them, they switched it up again.
- [03:15] In general, if growth slows down, do the opposite of what you are currently doing.
- [03:30] Eric has a friend that does video advertising.
- [03:55] His secret is that he does the opposite of what people expect or request.
- [04:15] Think about how you can turn ideas on their heads.
- [04:55] That’s all for today!
- [04:58] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...