In episode #778, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do with your keywords that rank in the middle, but not the top of the first search page. Tune in to hear how you can improve your rankings.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Should You Do With Your Keywords That Rank on The Middle of Page 1
- [00:44] Adjust the title or meta-description.
- [00:55] Clickflow is a tool that will help you adjust the title and meta-description.
- [01:20] Go look at the content that ranks above you.
- [01:33] See what they are doing that you are not.
- [02:25] Stone Temple did a case study on keywords, how they rank, and if they matter.
- [02:54] When it comes to Google, user experience and link-building matters.
- [03:25] Everyone thinks the best way to rank for keywords is to get the sites that link to your competitors, to link to you.
- [03:34] The best link is the from the exact page that ranks for the term for which you would like to rank.
- [04:44] If you have something that already ranks well, chances are that that page ranks for a bunch of other keywords, as well. Use clickflow and find which keywords are getting impressions. If you don’t have those actual keywords on the page: add them!
- [05:32] That’s all for today!
- [05:35] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...