In episode #778, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do with your keywords that rank in the middle, but not the top of the first search page. Tune in to hear how you can improve your rankings.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What Should You Do With Your Keywords That Rank on The Middle of Page 1
- [00:44] Adjust the title or meta-description.
- [00:55] Clickflow is a tool that will help you adjust the title and meta-description.
- [01:20] Go look at the content that ranks above you.
- [01:33] See what they are doing that you are not.
- [02:25] Stone Temple did a case study on keywords, how they rank, and if they matter.
- [02:54] When it comes to Google, user experience and link-building matters.
- [03:25] Everyone thinks the best way to rank for keywords is to get the sites that link to your competitors, to link to you.
- [03:34] The best link is the from the exact page that ranks for the term for which you would like to rank.
- [04:44] If you have something that already ranks well, chances are that that page ranks for a bunch of other keywords, as well. Use clickflow and find which keywords are getting impressions. If you don’t have those actual keywords on the page: add them!
- [05:32] That’s all for today!
- [05:35] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...