In episode #662, Eric and Neil discuss what old brands can teach you about marketing. Tune in to hear how classic brands stay relevant.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What The Oldest Brand in The World Can Teach You About Marketing
- [00:35] Stella Artois is the oldest brand in the world.
- [01:00] The old brands last because they are boring. They repeat their marketing over and over.
- [01:15] It’s also key that they are a great product.
- [01:30] Stella and other older brands take pride in creating a good product.
- [01:45] They also try to stay relevant.
- [02:00] Their ads are prevalent and they attempt to stay top-of-mind.
- [02:40] Old brands do well when they adapt to fit with trends.
- [03:31] Stella made special cans for the Cannes Film Festival.
- [03:54] Someone told Neil that Stella Artois is considered “crappy”. Here in the U.S., it has a different reputation.
- [04:11] Perception is everything.
- [04:30] Influencers are important to hyping up your product.
- [04:49] That’s all for today!
- [04:55] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2103, we talk about how we'd grow our podcast to five million downloads per month in the future. After the last few years of amazing growth, we are so excited about where we might be heade...
In episode #2102, we talk about how to screen for SEO talent in 2022! When building the best team that you can, you need a good process to vet potential hires and we are here to make this just a littl...
In episode #2101, Neil and Eric talk about what to do if you’re on the verge of bankruptcy. It’s okay to fail and try new things, and bankruptcy shouldn’t be associated with shame or stigma. Tun...