In Episode #516, Eric and Neil discuss ROI and how it takes time to see the results of your hard work. Tune in to hear why patience is a virtue when working with content marketing.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What the ROI Is of Content Marketing
- [00:51] With any kind of content marketing, it takes time; about a 12-18 month journey.
- [01:05] Eric’s first podcast, Growth Everywhere was only getting nine downloads per day during his first year.
- [01:22] By the second year, he was still only getting thirty downloads per day. Now he’s pushing 100,000 per month.
- [01:48] Meeting face to face is helpful to ROI.
- [02:03] When they started, content marketing was text-based. Now it goes across all mediums and channels.
- [02:48] The Sexy Confidence YouTube channel gets millions of views per month.
- [03:16] It may take you a year to two years to see results from your content marketing.
- [03:33] If you got into content marketing four or five years ago, you would probably see ROI in six months.
- [03:44] If you want to do these kinds of things, spend the money up front.
- [03:50] Neil is spending $600,000-$700,000 per year on content marketing.
- [04:22] Eric did a breakdown of all their clients and 66% come from relationships based on the content they have created. The rest of it is because of SEO.
- [04:46] Literally everything that they do is content marketing.
- [05:28] The people with the most patience are the most successful.
- [05:37] There is a marketing agency in Japan that only focuses on Pachenko, which is a gambling game. They made $200,000,000 per year, but only had a few employees and a little bit of profit the first year.
- [06:28] This podcast gets 550,000 downloads per month, but they know it will take time to grow further.
- [07:00] For B2C, content marketing is helpful for building a brand.
- [07:44] A good example of B2C are Jake Paul’s and Logan Paul’s YouTube channels.
- [08:05] Hubspot has some good studies on content marketing.
- [08:16] That’s all for today!
- [08:17] Go to singlegrain.com/giveaway for a special giveaway.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...