In Episode #516, Eric and Neil discuss ROI and how it takes time to see the results of your hard work. Tune in to hear why patience is a virtue when working with content marketing.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What the ROI Is of Content Marketing
- [00:51] With any kind of content marketing, it takes time; about a 12-18 month journey.
- [01:05] Eric’s first podcast, Growth Everywhere was only getting nine downloads per day during his first year.
- [01:22] By the second year, he was still only getting thirty downloads per day. Now he’s pushing 100,000 per month.
- [01:48] Meeting face to face is helpful to ROI.
- [02:03] When they started, content marketing was text-based. Now it goes across all mediums and channels.
- [02:48] The Sexy Confidence YouTube channel gets millions of views per month.
- [03:16] It may take you a year to two years to see results from your content marketing.
- [03:33] If you got into content marketing four or five years ago, you would probably see ROI in six months.
- [03:44] If you want to do these kinds of things, spend the money up front.
- [03:50] Neil is spending $600,000-$700,000 per year on content marketing.
- [04:22] Eric did a breakdown of all their clients and 66% come from relationships based on the content they have created. The rest of it is because of SEO.
- [04:46] Literally everything that they do is content marketing.
- [05:28] The people with the most patience are the most successful.
- [05:37] There is a marketing agency in Japan that only focuses on Pachenko, which is a gambling game. They made $200,000,000 per year, but only had a few employees and a little bit of profit the first year.
- [06:28] This podcast gets 550,000 downloads per month, but they know it will take time to grow further.
- [07:00] For B2C, content marketing is helpful for building a brand.
- [07:44] A good example of B2C are Jake Paul’s and Logan Paul’s YouTube channels.
- [08:05] Hubspot has some good studies on content marketing.
- [08:16] That’s all for today!
- [08:17] Go to singlegrain.com/giveaway for a special giveaway.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1814, Neil and Eric talk about their experiences with YouTube and share the ways they could improve and grow. Eric’s main point is around doubling down on one topic while Neil feels he c...
In episode #1813, we talk about our strategies for making the most out of conferences. While the content from conferences themselves is valuable, the networking and business opportunities they bring t...
In episode #1812, Neil and Eric talk about why most people don’t finish courses. Trying to get someone to be engaged during an online course is not easy, which is why you have to go the extra mile t...