In Episode #124 Neil and Eric talk about what you should do when you don’t see the marketing results you were looking for. Listen to learn about the elements you might be missing in the marketing equation, and hear them discuss the common causes for campaigns struggling to yield results.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What you should do when you’re not seeing marketing results
- 00:44 – Starting with paid advertising will take you 2-3 months before you start setting any measurable results
- 01:02 – Be patient, above all be patient—it’s prove to work, but not quickly
- 01:31 – Your analytics and your data will tell you where your weaknesses are so pay attention to them
- 01:58 – Ask people questions with the help of Qualaroo
- 02:15 – Eric shares an example of a company he worked for in the past where the marketing was really struggling
- 03:01 – A lot of people make the mistake of thinking they’ll hit their targets immediately
- 03:35 – Not every campaign needs to work, just one or two
- 03:45 – Test, test, and test some more until you find something that sticks
- 04:37 – Have a tool like Trello or Growth Hackers Projects to help you organize ideas
- 05:02 – Brian Balfour’s testing framework
- 05:20 – Have different goals for different campaigns
- 05:46 – Look at all the technical stuff—get in the weeds and roll around
- 07:00 – Set up the correct KPI to monitor progress
- 07:56 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Great marketing takes time to build.
- Know your data to understand what’s happening to your campaigns.
- In marketing, you need to make continual improvements over time.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...