In Episode #179, Eric and Neil discuss the type of content you should be creating when you can only blog one time a week. Tune in to learn how to make a blog that strikes its audience—and not just to read the blog—but compelling enough to share it, too!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What Type of Content Should You Create When You Can Only Blog 1x a Week?
- 00:39 – Neil was using Quick Sprout, just once a week
- 01:38 – You want to produce something that stands out and makes people want to link
- 01:49 – First, figure out who are you targeting and how you can help them
- 02:00 – Kissmetrics targets marketers
- 02:10 – Second, who are your ideal customers?
- 02:55 – Your content should be very specific
- 03:25 – Companies are looking at more detailed metrics
- 03:42 – Blogs should be actionable and thorough
- 04:00 – Groove HQ is a good example of a growing blog
- 05:08 – Help Scout blog posts are in-depth and well done, ranking 1 and 2 on Google
- 05:56 – Be specific and don’t go for volume; go for relevancy and helpfulness
- 06:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Produce a blog post that stands out and that people want to share through linking.
- Know your target and ideal customers and provide content that is helpful to them.
- The KEY is to be relevant towards the right people.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2568, we set our sights on growing business trends. We navigate the dynamic landscape of emerging trends that are reshaping the business world, with a spotlight on industry giants like Sho...
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...