In episode #1400, we talk about what we’ve learned by sending out 41.1 million marketing emails. Neil speaks about how and when to scrub your list depending on its size, and shares recent metrics for open, click, and deliverability rates he has received from his 500K+ subscriber list! Eric also shares a great strategy for re-engaging a cold subscriber before deleting them from your list. Tune in and hear some best practices for curating your list to get the best yields from it.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What We’ve Learned by Sending Out 41.1 Million Marketing Emails.
- [01:10] The value of scrubbing your list for keeping deliverability, open, and click rates high.
- [02:26] Neil’s open, click, and deliverability rates after sending a recent email to 547,639 people.
- [02:53] Open, click, and deliverability rates for Neil after sending a more successful email.
- [03:28] How Neil judges when to remove a person from his email list.
- [03:41] When to stop worrying about re-engaging people before scrubbing your list.
- [03:44] An easy way to check if a subscriber wants to remain on your list before deleting them.
- [04:15] That’s it for today!
- [04:16] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...