In episode #1297, we ask what works better for affiliates, niche content or general news? There are a number of different routes you can take with your affiliate marketing, from very general to very niche. We recommend erring more on the side of niche, for SEO and customer retention. Tune in hear the benefits of specialization and becoming an authority!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What Works Better for Affiliates? Niche or General News.
- [00:35] Some examples of affiliate sites and what they do.
- [01:34] The conversion impact of niche websites and becoming an authority.
- [02:52] People like specialists; do not try to be everything to everyone.
- [04:02] Broader is not better, specific sites do better on search engines.
- [04:29] Building a brand in order to generate revenue.
- [05:02] That is it for today!
- [05:04] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...