In episode #1230, we give you some tips about when to pass off social media work to an employee or third party organization, and when to do it yourself. The audience that you have built around your personal brand can tell when the content you post hasn’t been written by you, so we recommend personability as far as tweets, stories, and photographs. Outsourcing can start to happen for things like checking social inboxes, video editing, and all those labor-oriented tasks that don’t require your personal touch. Hit play for the specifics!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: When You Can and Can’t Outsource with Social Media.
- [00:50] Why not to outsource the production of content associated with one’s personal brand.
- [03:34] Some thoughts on why personal photos get better responses than outsourced ones.
- [04:29] The value of storytelling and how Instagram stories tend to spread.
- [04:47] When Instagram stories can be outsourced: after you have made their content.
- [05:11] Outsource for labor such as video editing and other stuff you’re not good at.
- [05:31] How Twitter still stands as a great platform to have conversations on.
- [05:45] Using Fiverr to outsource the creation of Instagram carousels.
- [06:40] Why it is a huge time saver having somebody to check social inboxes.
- [06:59] How helpful platforms like Hootsuite and Sprout Social are for data insights.
- [07:40] That’s it for today!
- [07:42] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Eric Siu on LinkedIn
- Eric Siu on YouTube
- Eric Siu on Instagram
- Ben Horowitz
- Andreesen Horowitz
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Hootsuite & Hootsuite alternatives
- Sprout Social
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2568, we set our sights on growing business trends. We navigate the dynamic landscape of emerging trends that are reshaping the business world, with a spotlight on industry giants like Sho...
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...