In episode #1230, we give you some tips about when to pass off social media work to an employee or third party organization, and when to do it yourself. The audience that you have built around your personal brand can tell when the content you post hasn’t been written by you, so we recommend personability as far as tweets, stories, and photographs. Outsourcing can start to happen for things like checking social inboxes, video editing, and all those labor-oriented tasks that don’t require your personal touch. Hit play for the specifics!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: When You Can and Can’t Outsource with Social Media.
- [00:50] Why not to outsource the production of content associated with one’s personal brand.
- [03:34] Some thoughts on why personal photos get better responses than outsourced ones.
- [04:29] The value of storytelling and how Instagram stories tend to spread.
- [04:47] When Instagram stories can be outsourced: after you have made their content.
- [05:11] Outsource for labor such as video editing and other stuff you’re not good at.
- [05:31] How Twitter still stands as a great platform to have conversations on.
- [05:45] Using Fiverr to outsource the creation of Instagram carousels.
- [06:40] Why it is a huge time saver having somebody to check social inboxes.
- [06:59] How helpful platforms like Hootsuite and Sprout Social are for data insights.
- [07:40] That’s it for today!
- [07:42] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Eric Siu on LinkedIn
- Eric Siu on YouTube
- Eric Siu on Instagram
- Ben Horowitz
- Andreesen Horowitz
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Sprout Social
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...
In episode #2289, Neil and Eric talk about the key ingredient to successful ads. There’s a lot that goes into making ads that reach your audience, hook their attention, and make a lasting impression...