In episode #1428, we talk about what you can learn from black hat SEOs! There is a whole array of strategies and tactics out there to grow you brand and boost your traffic, and some are more within the lines than others! Today we explore the lessons you can learn from the methods that break the rules and buck the system. Tune in to hear exactly what can be useful about this way of doing your marketing.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You Can Learn from Black Hat SEOs.
- [00:44] What it means to be a black hat SEO; breaking the rules for rankings.
- [01:24] Learning all the tactics and pushing things as far as possible.
- [01:53] Switching from spamming to adding value in the long term.
- [02:22] Getting inspiration and insights from black hat ideas and gauging what is moving the needle.
- [03:06] The value of diversifying as a safety net — do not trust one channel!
- [03:46] Keeping the secret sauce to yourself instead of bragging to the world about it.
- [04:32] The centrality of user experience and why to focus on that.
- [05:11] That’s it for today!
- [05:13] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...