In episode #1427, we talk about growth hacking and what it can teach you about growing your company. You’ll hear where the term ‘growth hacking’ came from, what it means, and some examples of growth hacking strategies used by companies like Dropbox and Facebook. Our central message today is that growth can come from other places within your company than its marketing team! Tune in and hear about the value of having a north star and looking in unusual places to make your business better and bigger!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You Can Learn from Growth Hackers.
- [00:30] What is growth hacking? Anyone in a company trying to drive more revenue.
- [01:00] Using your unique skill in your company to generate more revenue.
- [01:26] Looking at Dropbox’s strategy incentivizing friends to sign up as growth hacking.
- [01:33] How growth hacking got perverted and has since been rebranded as growth marketing.
- [02:25] Doing true growth hacking by implementing data-driven marketing.
- [02:51] How much leverage inside a company there is outside of pure marketing.
- [03:03] The use of good design and UI for growth hacking; Amazon’s shipping model.
- [03:30] Aligning your different channels into growth hacking using growth teams.
- [04:26] Finding more ways to grow by looking outside of the norm!
- [04:53] Aligning teams using a north star for your company.
- [05:09] That’s it for today!
- [05:10] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...
In episode #2561, you’ll learn how Warren Buffett’s approach to investing within his circle of confidence can be applied to content creation. Learn how to yield results by taking a simple but effe...