In episode #1427, we talk about growth hacking and what it can teach you about growing your company. You’ll hear where the term ‘growth hacking’ came from, what it means, and some examples of growth hacking strategies used by companies like Dropbox and Facebook. Our central message today is that growth can come from other places within your company than its marketing team! Tune in and hear about the value of having a north star and looking in unusual places to make your business better and bigger!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You Can Learn from Growth Hackers.
- [00:30] What is growth hacking? Anyone in a company trying to drive more revenue.
- [01:00] Using your unique skill in your company to generate more revenue.
- [01:26] Looking at Dropbox’s strategy incentivizing friends to sign up as growth hacking.
- [01:33] How growth hacking got perverted and has since been rebranded as growth marketing.
- [02:25] Doing true growth hacking by implementing data-driven marketing.
- [02:51] How much leverage inside a company there is outside of pure marketing.
- [03:03] The use of good design and UI for growth hacking; Amazon’s shipping model.
- [03:30] Aligning your different channels into growth hacking using growth teams.
- [04:26] Finding more ways to grow by looking outside of the norm!
- [04:53] Aligning teams using a north star for your company.
- [05:09] That’s it for today!
- [05:10] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...