In episode #1427, we talk about growth hacking and what it can teach you about growing your company. You’ll hear where the term ‘growth hacking’ came from, what it means, and some examples of growth hacking strategies used by companies like Dropbox and Facebook. Our central message today is that growth can come from other places within your company than its marketing team! Tune in and hear about the value of having a north star and looking in unusual places to make your business better and bigger!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You Can Learn from Growth Hackers.
- [00:30] What is growth hacking? Anyone in a company trying to drive more revenue.
- [01:00] Using your unique skill in your company to generate more revenue.
- [01:26] Looking at Dropbox’s strategy incentivizing friends to sign up as growth hacking.
- [01:33] How growth hacking got perverted and has since been rebranded as growth marketing.
- [02:25] Doing true growth hacking by implementing data-driven marketing.
- [02:51] How much leverage inside a company there is outside of pure marketing.
- [03:03] The use of good design and UI for growth hacking; Amazon’s shipping model.
- [03:30] Aligning your different channels into growth hacking using growth teams.
- [04:26] Finding more ways to grow by looking outside of the norm!
- [04:53] Aligning teams using a north star for your company.
- [05:09] That’s it for today!
- [05:10] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...