In episode #886, we discuss what you can learn from the Chinese. Tune in to hear why “copying” isn’t a bad thing.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What You Can Learn From the Chinese About Business
- [00:35] Eric has been reading a book AI Superpowers.
- [00:54] As China was becoming a big world power, they had a lot of catching up to do when it came to the internet/technology.
- [01:15] So, there was a lot of copying.
- [01:28] Look at what other people are doing and out-execute them.
- [02:05] Copying caught them up, but now they are the innovators.
- [02:20] The Chinese don’t just work five days, 9-5.
- [02:35] If you love what you’re doing, you won’t get burned out.
- [02:50] You don’t need a life.
- [03:10] The Chinese work 9am-9pm, 6 days per week.
- [03:33] Eric and Neil work 7 days per week and they don’t get burned out.
- [04:15] Even in America, copying is becoming more acceptable.
- [04:45] All the apps with “Stories” copied Snapchat.
- [05:25] Noah Kagan copied a lot from HelloBar.
- [06:00] WeChat is a powerful app.
- [07:03] Leverage the best concepts and apply them to your business.
- [07:26] That’s it for today!
- [07:34] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...