In episode #886, we discuss what you can learn from the Chinese. Tune in to hear why “copying” isn’t a bad thing.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What You Can Learn From the Chinese About Business
- [00:35] Eric has been reading a book AI Superpowers.
- [00:54] As China was becoming a big world power, they had a lot of catching up to do when it came to the internet/technology.
- [01:15] So, there was a lot of copying.
- [01:28] Look at what other people are doing and out-execute them.
- [02:05] Copying caught them up, but now they are the innovators.
- [02:20] The Chinese don’t just work five days, 9-5.
- [02:35] If you love what you’re doing, you won’t get burned out.
- [02:50] You don’t need a life.
- [03:10] The Chinese work 9am-9pm, 6 days per week.
- [03:33] Eric and Neil work 7 days per week and they don’t get burned out.
- [04:15] Even in America, copying is becoming more acceptable.
- [04:45] All the apps with “Stories” copied Snapchat.
- [05:25] Noah Kagan copied a lot from HelloBar.
- [06:00] WeChat is a powerful app.
- [07:03] Leverage the best concepts and apply them to your business.
- [07:26] That’s it for today!
- [07:34] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1398 we give you seven unique blog post angles that drive a flood of traffic. From creating visualizations of other popular posts to hosting expert interviews and documenting how you solve...
In episode #1397, we talk about seven simple ways to save money on your marketing! Almost everyone is looking to cut costs at the moment and your marketing budget should be no different. Tune in to he...
In episode #1396, we talk about where the good investment opportunities are right now. In the middle of the current pandemic, the only safe action would be putting some money into the stock market, ev...