In episode #1243, we talk about what you can learn from Popeyes’ chicken sandwich feeding frenzy. As marketers we often forget how effective it can be to test your strategies before doubling down on the right one. Tune in today to hear more about the power of getting back to the basics with minimal viable products, how to use social as a marketing advantage, and why a little competition can create still positive press.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You Can Learn from Popeyes’ Chicken Sandwich.
- [00:45] The story of Popeyes’ chicken sandwich: the feeding frenzy.
- [01:11] Capacity limit creates a shortage and increasing demand.
- [01:24] Recognizing the power of social media when it is used correctly.
- [01:54] Understanding when a “subtle” marketing approach is more effective.
- [02:15] Getting back to the basics of marketing: minimal viable product.
- [03:06] Importance of testing marketing strategies before doubling down on them.
- [03:43] The incredible revenue generating from the chicken sandwich wars.
- [04:25] Chick-fil-A vs Popeyes: the positive press creating from the sandwich wars.
- [05:02] Learn how to test your marketing strategies on the Marketing School Live website.
- [05:43] That’s it for today!
- [06:04] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1299, we discuss how Donald Trump spent over $19 million on Facebook advertising in 2019! This huge amount of money, that dwarfs the democratic budget, is symptomatic of the current media ...
In episode #1298, we share seven trends in the software as a service space! From free tools and customer experience improvement to thought leadership and the move towards platforms, following these tr...
In episode #1297, we ask what works better for affiliates, niche content or general news? There are a number of different routes you can take with your affiliate marketing, from very general to very n...