In episode #1209, we discuss the various problems that WeWork recently ran into. It is crucial to remain realistic about what your company is and what it offers rather than thinking it is more than it is. Tune in to hear what venture capitalists will likely look for in time to come!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You Can Learn from WeWork’s Debacle.
- [00:42] What WeWork is and the information that was recently uncovered about them.
- [01:35] Their IPO having to be canceled and SoftBank bailing them out.
- [01:52] The crazy payout that the co-founder and former CEO Adam Neumann got.
- [02:19] Learning that we as marketers cannot put lipstick on a pig: we need a decent product.
- [02:34] How WeWork pitches themselves versus what they actually are.
- [03:22] Being realistic about what you are as a company and what you are good at.
- [03:52] Learning to negotiate well even if things aren’t working out as you planned.
- [04:09] The importance of taking care of your money and your people.
- [05:09] What venture capitalists will likely push for in the future.
- [06:07] That’s it for today!
- [06:09] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1430, we share seven remote work trends that will impact your business! As the world changes in front of our eyes, remote work has been a distinct component of the professional world durin...
In episode #1429, we unpack Google's upcoming algorithm update! Google is taking more care than ever around user experience and it seems their new updates will be no different. We talk about the reaso...
In episode #1428, we talk about what you can learn from black hat SEOs! There is a whole array of strategies and tactics out there to grow you brand and boost your traffic, and some are more within th...