In episode #1209, we discuss the various problems that WeWork recently ran into. It is crucial to remain realistic about what your company is and what it offers rather than thinking it is more than it is. Tune in to hear what venture capitalists will likely look for in time to come!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What You Can Learn from WeWork’s Debacle.
- [00:42] What WeWork is and the information that was recently uncovered about them.
- [01:35] Their IPO having to be canceled and SoftBank bailing them out.
- [01:52] The crazy payout that the co-founder and former CEO Adam Neumann got.
- [02:19] Learning that we as marketers cannot put lipstick on a pig: we need a decent product.
- [02:34] How WeWork pitches themselves versus what they actually are.
- [03:22] Being realistic about what you are as a company and what you are good at.
- [03:52] Learning to negotiate well even if things aren’t working out as you planned.
- [04:09] The importance of taking care of your money and your people.
- [05:09] What venture capitalists will likely push for in the future.
- [06:07] That’s it for today!
- [06:09] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...