In episode #722, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do when a social network stops driving traffic to your site. Tune in to hear what your options are.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What You Ought to Do When a Social Network Stops Driving You Traffic
- [00:40] Neil has close to a million Facebook followers. When he had a few hundred thousand, he spent $400,000 on Facebook ads to gain a “shitload” of new followers.
- [01:10] Neil thinks of Facebook like a well. You want to have your own well, so you can keep getting water without spending money.
- [01:40] Neil’s strategy worked for a very long time, then Facebook changed their algorithm.
- [02:55] Twitter was better in the past, but overall the user growth hasn’t been great lately.
- [03:16] If you are able to build your own email list, you control that at the end of the day.
- [03:40] The cool part about Google is that they have learned not to penalize links, they just don’t count bad ones.
- [04:15] The possibilities are endless and you should leverage more than just one channel.
- [04:44] Eric went from 4000 Twitter followers to 10,000, but traffic coming to his site has gone down.
- [05:07] Just because you are on these channels and your follower count is growing, doesn’t mean that you are going to do well.
- [05:20] Look for the social network or channel this is starving for your content.
- [05:49] That’s it for today!
- [05:58] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
- [06:33] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...
In episode #2289, Neil and Eric talk about the key ingredient to successful ads. There’s a lot that goes into making ads that reach your audience, hook their attention, and make a lasting impression...