In episode #932, we discuss what you ought to do with your old content that doesn’t get traffic. Tune in to hear our strategies for improving lackluster content.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What You Ought to Do With Your Old Content That Gets No Traffic
- [00:36] Everyone uses the “prune and crop” strategy, but most people use it incorrectly.
- [01:05] Using this, there is a good chance you could decrease your traffic.
- [02:20] HubSpot hires people to maintain and upgrade their content.
- [02:40] At Single Grain, we take the top 25 pieces and see if anything new is on the list. If the new content ranks, we check how many keywords for which it ranks.
- [02:57] If it ranks for hundreds of keywords, you are in good shape.
- [03:20] Neil has employees that are hired specifically to upgrade content.
- [03:46] They are tasked with upgrading the higher-ranked content.
- [03:53] Use Clickflow to A/B test your title tags.
- [04:30] See if you have internal links to your posts, if you don’t: add them.
- [04:53] Don’t forget to check comments to see where you need to improve.
- [05:24] BuzzSumo added the “evergreen score” and this helps you compare yourself to competitors.
- [05:58] An evergreen score is calculated by looking at the number of links going to a given page, number of social engagements, and how long the post has been live.
- [06:19] That’s it for today!
- [06:26] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Check out our website and continue listening to our podcast for further details.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2292, we talk about why you should focus on conversions first and then traffic. We believe that your conversion rate is the most vital metric when it comes to digital marketing. While both...
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...