In episode #773, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do about pages that rank, but don’t meet user intent. Tune in to hear how you can fix this issue and keep your rankings.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What You Should do About Pages That Rank But Don’t Meet User Intent
- [00:55] People will bounce really quickly if your page doesn’t meet their needs.
- [01:26] Go to GSC and look at all the key phrases for which you are getting impressions (not just clicks!).
- [01:40] These key phrases aren’t keywords, they are problems; people are searching because they are trying to solve a problem.
- [02:14] If you find that your page is ranking for something it doesn’t entirely cover, you can make content that centers on those search terms.
- [02:30] Otherwise, you can take a risk and alter the content on the page. You may lose rankings, even though you are changing it to suit the key phrases for which you are ranking.
- [03:30] Search engines don’t put websites that meet their algorithm requirements at the top of the page, they put whatever site helps the user the most.
- [03:39] Even if the changes you are making aren’t the best for Google, but are good for the user, Google will catch up and increase your ranking.
- [04:00] Survey your users and tailor posts to their problems.
- [04:13] That’s it for today!
- [04:17] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #840, we discuss what you should do to build an audience. Tune in to hear how you can build a following....
In episode #839, we discuss the secret Instagram weapon no one is talking about. Tune in to hear about this new method of Instagram marketing you need to implement....