In episode #532, Eric and Neil discuss what to do once your business hits 7 figures. Ultimately, there are two paths you can take. Tune in to hear their advice about optimizing your business for growth or stability.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What You Should Do After You Hit 7 Figures in Revenue
- [00:34] Eric believes that once you hit 7 figures, why not strive for even bigger numbers?
- [01:18] Look at what works and double down on that.
- [01:47] Invest in what you can control.
- [02:10] Neil thinks that what you do to get to 7 figures, isn’t necessarily what will get you to 8.
- [02:58] 7 figures are hungry to make money right away, while 8 figure businesses look more to long-term investments.
- [03:24] If you can spend more money on acquiring customers than your competitors, it’s much easier to grow your business.
- [03:37] Celebrate that your business has reached 7 figures, but then think about what else you can do to optimize your business.
- [04:29] Really good marketers consider “scaling”.
- [04:51] Once you get beyond the strategies that helped you reach 7 figures, think about what systems and processes you can build to reach 8 figures.
- [05:58] You have to be able to convey your vision to others (employees and investors), so that they can get on board and help you reach 8 figures.
- [06:20] Some people do not care for money and just want to live a quiet, relaxing life.
- [06:48] If you are one of these people, optimize your business for profit and don’t try to reach 8 figures.
- [07:12] Once you optimize your business, don’t spend too much and save your cash in order to float the “chill” lifestyle you desire.
- [07:42] Mergers and Acquisitions are another way to make quick, stable money.
- [08:15] If you look at Dentsu or Ogilvy, they have a number of different services and have grown through M&A.
- [08:42] Hitting the 7 figure mark is rare!
- [09:33] Once you reach 7 figures, you can’t take your foot off the gas.
- [09:44] Remember to CYA (Cover Your Ass): always have two to three months of expenses in the bank.
- [10:23] That’s it for today!
- [10:26] Go to singlegrain.com/giveaway if you want to get in on a special giveaway opportunity!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....