In episode #928, we discuss how you should respond to a PR crisis. Tune in to hear how you can salvage your company’s reputation.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What You Should Do in a PR Crisis
- [00:38] The Fyre Festival debacle is a great example of a PR crisis for a lot of the people involved.
- [01:10] Celebrities were paid to promote this event and the event basically didn’t exist.
- [01:26] There are two documentaries about it on Netflix and Hulu.
- [01:40] In the weeks leading up to the Fyre Festival, they realized they weren’t ready to throw the event.
- [02:15] The result was an insane situation.
- [02:38] Typically, it’s good to admit when you’re wrong, instead of doubling down like the Fyre Festival organizers.
- [03:00] Deal with a crisis by being transparent.
- [03:11] Be willing to take advice about what to do to remedy the problem.
- [03:35] Treehouse allowed some people to buy the service at a lower cost and pissed off the people who paid more.
- [04:07] Eric made a point to apologize to the CTO and investors. Admitting his mistake was helpful.
- [05:05] Also, Treehouse was called out for divulging sensitive information about their users, when they were not. They had to do a lot of damage control.
- [05:48] That’s all for today!
- [05:56] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Check out our website and continue listening to our podcast for further details.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: