In episode #830, we discuss the purpose of blogging. Tune in to hear why you should keep blogging.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What’s The Purpose of Blogging if it Doesn’t Generate Sales?
- [00:40] It took 3-4 years to generate revenue on Quicksprout.
- [01:15] When Eric came to Singlegrain, they were getting 3000-4000 visits per month.
- [01:20] Now, they are getting around 170,000 visits per month.
- [01:24] It took 2 years to get the ball rolling.
- [01:45] Most clients come from word of mouth.
- [01:55] Blog posts won’t generate leads.
- [02:10] When people link to your content, that will help your domain authority among other things.
- [03:14] Neil’s website gets good traffic, but it took him 2 years to get there.
- [03:45] Once you get a good amount of traffic, you will find that there are greater opportunities for leads.
- [04:00] Legion Athletics has done well through promoting content.
- [04:15] Be crafty: use surveys, listservs, etc. to generate leads.
- [04:40] Blog because you can take your blog traffic and direct it towards other pages on your site.
- [04:50] Blogging generates indirect sales.
- [05:25] Hubspot thinks nurturing is useless and doesn’t generate revenue.
- [06:00] Go to Singlegrain and join the email list.
- [06:10] The list has a super-signature.
- [06:30] Neil has recorded a thank you video depending on to which list you subscribe.
- [07:03] That’s it for today!
- [07:15] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...