In episode #830, we discuss the purpose of blogging. Tune in to hear why you should keep blogging.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What’s The Purpose of Blogging if it Doesn’t Generate Sales?
- [00:40] It took 3-4 years to generate revenue on Quicksprout.
- [01:15] When Eric came to Singlegrain, they were getting 3000-4000 visits per month.
- [01:20] Now, they are getting around 170,000 visits per month.
- [01:24] It took 2 years to get the ball rolling.
- [01:45] Most clients come from word of mouth.
- [01:55] Blog posts won’t generate leads.
- [02:10] When people link to your content, that will help your domain authority among other things.
- [03:14] Neil’s website gets good traffic, but it took him 2 years to get there.
- [03:45] Once you get a good amount of traffic, you will find that there are greater opportunities for leads.
- [04:00] Legion Athletics has done well through promoting content.
- [04:15] Be crafty: use surveys, listservs, etc. to generate leads.
- [04:40] Blog because you can take your blog traffic and direct it towards other pages on your site.
- [04:50] Blogging generates indirect sales.
- [05:25] Hubspot thinks nurturing is useless and doesn’t generate revenue.
- [06:00] Go to Singlegrain and join the email list.
- [06:10] The list has a super-signature.
- [06:30] Neil has recorded a thank you video depending on to which list you subscribe.
- [07:03] That’s it for today!
- [07:15] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1546, we talk about the underutilized link between email marketing and SEO. Eric and Neil share how leveraging this untapped strategy has helped them grow in leaps and bounds and they shar...
In episode #1545, you will learn more about webinars and some ways to make them more engaging. Even in 2020, webinars are still a great way to drive sales, so it is super important that you make sure ...
In episode #1544, we discuss the value of building a defensible moat around your income. People like Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger like to invest in businesses with a moat for a good reason – th...