In episode #830, we discuss the purpose of blogging. Tune in to hear why you should keep blogging.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What’s The Purpose of Blogging if it Doesn’t Generate Sales?
- [00:40] It took 3-4 years to generate revenue on Quicksprout.
- [01:15] When Eric came to Singlegrain, they were getting 3000-4000 visits per month.
- [01:20] Now, they are getting around 170,000 visits per month.
- [01:24] It took 2 years to get the ball rolling.
- [01:45] Most clients come from word of mouth.
- [01:55] Blog posts won’t generate leads.
- [02:10] When people link to your content, that will help your domain authority among other things.
- [03:14] Neil’s website gets good traffic, but it took him 2 years to get there.
- [03:45] Once you get a good amount of traffic, you will find that there are greater opportunities for leads.
- [04:00] Legion Athletics has done well through promoting content.
- [04:15] Be crafty: use surveys, listservs, etc. to generate leads.
- [04:40] Blog because you can take your blog traffic and direct it towards other pages on your site.
- [04:50] Blogging generates indirect sales.
- [05:25] Hubspot thinks nurturing is useless and doesn’t generate revenue.
- [06:00] Go to Singlegrain and join the email list.
- [06:10] The list has a super-signature.
- [06:30] Neil has recorded a thank you video depending on to which list you subscribe.
- [07:03] That’s it for today!
- [07:15] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...