In episode #830, we discuss the purpose of blogging. Tune in to hear why you should keep blogging.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What’s The Purpose of Blogging if it Doesn’t Generate Sales?
- [00:40] It took 3-4 years to generate revenue on Quicksprout.
- [01:15] When Eric came to Singlegrain, they were getting 3000-4000 visits per month.
- [01:20] Now, they are getting around 170,000 visits per month.
- [01:24] It took 2 years to get the ball rolling.
- [01:45] Most clients come from word of mouth.
- [01:55] Blog posts won’t generate leads.
- [02:10] When people link to your content, that will help your domain authority among other things.
- [03:14] Neil’s website gets good traffic, but it took him 2 years to get there.
- [03:45] Once you get a good amount of traffic, you will find that there are greater opportunities for leads.
- [04:00] Legion Athletics has done well through promoting content.
- [04:15] Be crafty: use surveys, listservs, etc. to generate leads.
- [04:40] Blog because you can take your blog traffic and direct it towards other pages on your site.
- [04:50] Blogging generates indirect sales.
- [05:25] Hubspot thinks nurturing is useless and doesn’t generate revenue.
- [06:00] Go to Singlegrain and join the email list.
- [06:10] The list has a super-signature.
- [06:30] Neil has recorded a thank you video depending on to which list you subscribe.
- [07:03] That’s it for today!
- [07:15] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1174, we talk about how we handle our to-do lists and get our marketing things done! From prioritizing and cutting excess to methods and frameworks, we cover a ton of great ways to get thi...
In episode #1173, we talk about the trend that email newsletters and podcasting is currently moving towards. We are seeing more paid subscription services for content creators, whereby subscribers can...
In episode #1172, we discuss the best ways to do a blazing fast audit of a website! There are a ton of tools that make this process easy, cheap, and effective. Today we unpack which ones we use and wh...