In episode #973, we discuss what the ROI of a live event is. Tune in to hear what you can expect to get out of throwing a live event.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: What’s the ROI of a Live Event?
- [00:45] We’re throwing a live event in June.
- [00:55] It costs roughly $20-30 a head to do an event the right way.
- [01:25] Since we’re not charging for the event, we aren’t making money.
- [01:40] People say if you charge, 40-50% of attendees will not show up.
- [01:50] People will pay and then no-show.
- [02:57] Sponsors are how you can make a profit.
- [03:50] Either ticket sales or sponsors will cover your costs.
- [04:15] Our goal isn’t to make money.
- [05:02] Clarion is an events company that goes around buying up conferences.
- [06:08] That’s it for today!
- [06:12] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...