In episode #964, we discuss when you should hire a sales rep. Tune in to hear if you need a sales rep and when it’s worth it to hire one.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: When Does it Make Sense to Have Sales Reps?
- [00:41] You shouldn’t hire a rep without testing out sales yourself.
- [00:55] You need to have an understanding of the objections you will run into.
- [01:11] Try doing it yourself for 30-60 days.
- [01:30] Once you have a process, hire a rep.
- [01:48] Start-ups fail because of premature scaling.
- [02:45] If you hire prematurely, you will only end up having to fire people and losing money.
- [03:01] When you hire people, it may not even work out.
- [03:15] Have the rep do a paid trial to see what their skills are.
- [03:40] The CEO of Saastr, Jason Lemkin, has a blog post that breaks down the steps to hiring a sales rep.
- [04:20] Sales reps don’t solve everything.
- [04:21] That’s it for today!
- [04:45] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...