In episode #651, Eric and Neil discuss how you can fix your declining traffic. Tune in to hear how you can fix problems with your SEO.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: When SEO Goes Wrong How to Fix Your Declining Search Traffic
- [00:54] When you haven’t changed anything and traffic declines, it could be the link algorithm, your content is outdated, or user experience isn’t that good.
- [01:22] Read Search Engine Journal, Search Engine Land, Search Engine Roundtable to see if you’re up to date on algorithms and changes to sites.
- [01:50] Use SEMRush and Moz to see indicators of change.
- [02:25] Look for correlation across the board.
- [02:38] Rusty Bricks looks for chatter on forums to see what problems arise for traffic.
- [02:55] It’s important to have quantitative and qualitative data.
- [03:00] Wicked Fire and Blackhatworld are good resources.
- [03:30] When traffic dropped for Neil, they ran experiments and tracked everything.
- [04:10] Make sure you are diversifying.
- [04:30] Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
- [04:47] Sometimes your rankings may drop due to a change you made on your own website.
- [05:44] Always track your changes.
- [05:55] Don’t panic and be willing to take risks.
- [06;15] Look at it quarter over quarter.
- [06:40] WP Engine is great because you can revert to previous versions of your site.
- [07:04] That’s it for today!
- [07:07] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1514, we tell you why you should think like a businessperson and not an entrepreneur. While many people call themselves entrepreneurs, most of them are actually businesspeople, and so it w...
In episode #1513, we share seven tools that will help you grow your traffic. When trying to ramp up your traffic, whether it be on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, or your website, it is all a...
In episode #1512, you’ll hear about seven tools you can use to grow your SaaS company from us. Whether you’re working B2B or B2C, having the best tools for note-taking, A/B testing, decreasing chu...