In episode #651, Eric and Neil discuss how you can fix your declining traffic. Tune in to hear how you can fix problems with your SEO.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: When SEO Goes Wrong How to Fix Your Declining Search Traffic
- [00:54] When you haven’t changed anything and traffic declines, it could be the link algorithm, your content is outdated, or user experience isn’t that good.
- [01:22] Read Search Engine Journal, Search Engine Land, Search Engine Roundtable to see if you’re up to date on algorithms and changes to sites.
- [01:50] Use SEMRush and Moz to see indicators of change.
- [02:25] Look for correlation across the board.
- [02:38] Rusty Bricks looks for chatter on forums to see what problems arise for traffic.
- [02:55] It’s important to have quantitative and qualitative data.
- [03:00] Wicked Fire and Blackhatworld are good resources.
- [03:30] When traffic dropped for Neil, they ran experiments and tracked everything.
- [04:10] Make sure you are diversifying.
- [04:30] Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
- [04:47] Sometimes your rankings may drop due to a change you made on your own website.
- [05:44] Always track your changes.
- [05:55] Don’t panic and be willing to take risks.
- [06;15] Look at it quarter over quarter.
- [06:40] WP Engine is great because you can revert to previous versions of your site.
- [07:04] That’s it for today!
- [07:07] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #905, we discuss how digital marketing will change in 2019. Tune in to hear what changes are on the horizon....
In episode #904, we discuss whether marketing is actually an engineering problem. Tune in to hear our verdict....
In episode #903, we discuss how to recover from an algorithm update. Tune in to hear how you can prevent your traffic from going on a permanent decline....