In episode #1874, Neil and Eric talk about when you should buy a business. While it might seem more attractive to build something from scratch, it is infinitely more challenging, which is why there are upsides to buying and growing. Tune in to hear how to get the timing right!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: When Should You Start Buying Businesses?
- [00:28] For most people, in most sectors, it’s harder to start a business than it is to grow one.
- [01:05] Why the best time to consider buying is when things are flat for you.
- [01:51] When you buy a small business, you have to have good operators in place.
- [02:56] Don’t buy if your company can’t handle it.
- [03:38] Factor in that many times M&A won’t work out.
- [04:02] That’s it for today!
- [04:02] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Buy Then Build
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2415, we discuss whether newsletters are good businesses. Newsletters can be a great way to build an audience, as well as something you can charge subscribers for, but are they the best us...
In episode #2414, we talk about whether you should build or buy when it comes to talent in your company. There are arguments to be made for both routes to growing your company and its teams, and here ...
In episode #2413, we discuss how to take accountability for your marketing screwups. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what kind of marketing genius you are, you will screw up at some point. ...