In episode #1874, Neil and Eric talk about when you should buy a business. While it might seem more attractive to build something from scratch, it is infinitely more challenging, which is why there are upsides to buying and growing. Tune in to hear how to get the timing right!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: When Should You Start Buying Businesses?
- [00:28] For most people, in most sectors, it’s harder to start a business than it is to grow one.
- [01:05] Why the best time to consider buying is when things are flat for you.
- [01:51] When you buy a small business, you have to have good operators in place.
- [02:56] Don’t buy if your company can’t handle it.
- [03:38] Factor in that many times M&A won’t work out.
- [04:02] That’s it for today!
- [04:02] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...