In episode #983, we discuss when or if you should take profits from your company. Tune in to hear when you should plan for this.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Todayâ€™s Topic: When Should You Take Profits In Your Company?
- [01:02] Neil started a company when he was 16 and didnâ€™t start taking profits until he was 20/21.
- [01:21] He thinks he was foolish for waiting so long.
- [01:35] If you need the money, take what you need to survive.
- [02:24] Itâ€™s also wise to reinvest your profits.
- [02:50] Things can go wrong, so putting profits aside for emergencies is smart.
- [03:35] Know your living expenses, so you can determine what you need.
- [04:05] Maybe you want to travel or live a good life; if that is important, take the profits.
- [04:41] Some companies donâ€™t do dividends, because they are re-investing them.
- [05:20] Donâ€™t expand beyond your core business.
- [06:46] Thatâ€™s it for today!
- [07:30] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if youâ€™re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnbâ€™s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnbâ€™s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...