In episode #1183, we share everything you need to consider when it comes to hiring someone who is still learning versus someone who is experienced. There are advantages and disadvantages to both, so it’s all about looking at the specific role you want them to fulfill. Some positions lend themselves more to one or the other. Tune in to hear more about which candidates to hire for executive, marketing, and SEO functions!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: When to Hire for Experience.
- [00:29] Hiring someone who is learning versus someone with experience.
- [00:54] Experience is invaluable when your business is in the rapid growth stage.
- [01:19] Why, when it comes to executives, you should always prioritize experience.
- [02:07] Past mistakes: waiting for people who you think have potential to learn on the job.
- [02:52] Considering RIO and the employees you want to hire when you are new.
- [03:21] The pros and cons of getting younger people on board (hint: this can lead to high turnover)
- [04:05] Considerations for hiring someone for marketing and SEO.
- [05:22] That’s it for today!
- [05:26] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...
In episode #2403, Neil and Eric talk about how digital advertising will change in 2023 and beyond. Major developments in artificial intelligence (AI) along with increased privacy and tracking limitati...
In episode #2402, Neil and Eric talk about how the best marketers manage their most important resource, time. Tune in as we discuss some of the top methods for managing your routine and how to get the...