When to Say “No” to Customers
In episode #1747, Neil and Eric discuss when you should say no to your customers. While it may seem counterintuitive, saying no will actually help your business overall. Not only will customers get the best service from you, but your employees will be happy as well. Tune in to hear it all!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: When to Say “No” to Customers.
- [00:39] What happens when you always just say yes to customers.
- [00:52] When you say no, give customers a reason why and provide an alternative.
- [01:48] Why you won’t get results if you always do what the customer wants.
- [02:09] Find who you are and who you aren’t as an agency.
- [02:50] Set expectations, be clear on scope, and stay focused
- [03:46] When you take on the wrong customers, it affects your company culture.
- [04:02] An example of a form that Neil and Eric use to see whether a customer is right for them.
- [04:47] You get way more respect when you put your foot down.
- [04:49] That’s it for today!
- [04:49] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2182, Neil and Eric talk about how they would start from scratch today. While a lot of trends in marketing are continually evolving, there will always be a place for good content and engag...
In episode #2181, Neil and Eric talk about Meta’s announcement that Facebook will be undergoing a redesign based on the TikTok platform. Facebook has always excelled at taking what's working for oth...
In episode #2180, Neil and Eric talk about why it’s better to share stories of your experiences than to give advice. Whenever you give someone advice you’re taking a risk because you have no way o...