In Episode #330, Eric and Neil discuss when you should be upgrading, consolidating or deleting your content. Tune in to learn how updating your content can increase your traffic significantly, what’s worth deleting, and the benefit of consolidating similar articles of content.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: When You Should Be Upgrading, Consolidating or Deleting Your Content
- 00:43 – Neil doesn’t delete that much content
- 00:45 – Neil did this with Crazy Egg’s content that was over one year old and had less than a hundred visitors
- 00:59 – Neil didn’t really delete the content, he just unpublished the articles on WordPress
- 01:09 – The traffic didn’t go up or down
- 01:21 – Over time, content will get more traffic or less traffic
- 01:41 – If the content continues to go up, there’s no modification needed
- 01:44 – When the content goes down, they modify it from the metrics in Google Analytics
- 02:17 – Neil just updates his content
- 02:30 – Eric sees a 30% increase in updated content
- 02:37 – Eric will only delete content that is completely irrelevant or outdated
- 02:58 – Check out an episode from Pat Flynn’s podcast
- 03:34 – Eric consolidates content that are almost the same and that are competing in rank
- 03:48 – Hub and Spoke marketing
- 04:09 – Neil is getting 30-60% when he updates his content
- 04:40 – Update the posts that are generating traffic already
- 04:49 – Neil sorts their content through Google Search Console by the most popular and updates them
- 04:58 – Wikipedia’s content is always updated
- 05:17 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Updating content that is already getting traffic can further increase your traffic.
- Consolidate the content that is very similar—this is the best thing to do so that they don’t compete for rank which using the same keywords.
- You don’t have to delete content; they may be of use someday.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...