In episode #559, Eric and Neil explain when and why you should not hire freelancers. Tune in to hear how the allure of low-priced freelancers may end up costing your company more.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: When You Should NOT Use Freelancers
- [00:36] When you are looking for someone to do paid ads or an involved marketing activity, ideally this will be a full-time hire that you work with directly.
- [01:01] Freelancers have a few clients at a time and cannot give you their full focus.
- [01:25] As you’re trying to scale, you’ll find they won’t move as quickly as they want.
- [02:06] Because you are paying for their time, try to use time-trackers like HubStaff that takes screenshots of what your freelancers are doing.
- [02:54] As you start growing, freelancers will sometimes take your trade secrets and use them with other clients.
- [03:40] Freelancers are cheaper than employees, but it may hurt you in the long run.
- [04:02] Is it cost or is it price that is important to you?
- [04:15] If you hire the least expensive freelancer, what will it cost your company when you don’t get results?
- [04:49] If price is more important, you will probably lose out and cost your company more.
- [05:03] A full-time person may cost more up front, but cost your company less in the end.
- [05:15] When starting out, use freelancers. When you are trying to scale and grow, it is wiser to use full-time employees.
- [05:39] That’s it for today!
- [05:41] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...