In episode #559, Eric and Neil explain when and why you should not hire freelancers. Tune in to hear how the allure of low-priced freelancers may end up costing your company more.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: When You Should NOT Use Freelancers
- [00:36] When you are looking for someone to do paid ads or an involved marketing activity, ideally this will be a full-time hire that you work with directly.
- [01:01] Freelancers have a few clients at a time and cannot give you their full focus.
- [01:25] As you’re trying to scale, you’ll find they won’t move as quickly as they want.
- [02:06] Because you are paying for their time, try to use time-trackers like HubStaff that takes screenshots of what your freelancers are doing.
- [02:54] As you start growing, freelancers will sometimes take your trade secrets and use them with other clients.
- [03:40] Freelancers are cheaper than employees, but it may hurt you in the long run.
- [04:02] Is it cost or is it price that is important to you?
- [04:15] If you hire the least expensive freelancer, what will it cost your company when you don’t get results?
- [04:49] If price is more important, you will probably lose out and cost your company more.
- [05:03] A full-time person may cost more up front, but cost your company less in the end.
- [05:15] When starting out, use freelancers. When you are trying to scale and grow, it is wiser to use full-time employees.
- [05:39] That’s it for today!
- [05:41] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...