In episode #1124, we discuss when you should start using a new social network. Tune in to hear when you should leverage a trending new social network.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s Topic: The Right Time to Jump into a New Social Network
- [00:34] TikTok is a new social network that has taken off.
- [00:45] It’s easier if you’re an early adopter, but if you have the money, wait for the new site to establish itself.
- [01:15] Just because Snapchat is popular, doesn’t mean you can go in there and figure out how to monetize.
- [02:35] Neil’s rule of thumb is that if a social network has less than $1 billion market cap, he doesn’t pay attention to them.
- [02:50] Social networks are based off of user growth, not actual value.
- [03:15] If the network is growing and they are being talked about, look into it.
- [03:45] TikTok’s current revenue is well into the millions.
- [03:47] That’s it for today!
- [03:50] Go to Marketing School to check out a video that will help you grow your business and to sign up for our live Mastermind.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...