In episode #1124, we discuss when you should start using a new social network. Tune in to hear when you should leverage a trending new social network.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s Topic: The Right Time to Jump into a New Social Network
- [00:34] TikTok is a new social network that has taken off.
- [00:45] It’s easier if you’re an early adopter, but if you have the money, wait for the new site to establish itself.
- [01:15] Just because Snapchat is popular, doesn’t mean you can go in there and figure out how to monetize.
- [02:35] Neil’s rule of thumb is that if a social network has less than $1 billion market cap, he doesn’t pay attention to them.
- [02:50] Social networks are based off of user growth, not actual value.
- [03:15] If the network is growing and they are being talked about, look into it.
- [03:45] TikTok’s current revenue is well into the millions.
- [03:47] That’s it for today!
- [03:50] Go to Marketing School to check out a video that will help you grow your business and to sign up for our live Mastermind.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...
In episode #2403, Neil and Eric talk about how digital advertising will change in 2023 and beyond. Major developments in artificial intelligence (AI) along with increased privacy and tracking limitati...
In episode #2402, Neil and Eric talk about how the best marketers manage their most important resource, time. Tune in as we discuss some of the top methods for managing your routine and how to get the...