In Episode #307, Eric and Neil discuss where you can hire great developers. Tune in to learn how you can find great developers at a much cheaper rate WITHOUT compromising on value and efficiency.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Where Can You Hire Great Developers?
- 00:42 – Eric and Neil both tried Toptal which is not a bad place, but quite expensive
- 00:51 – The best company for Neil is Crossover which is based in Texas
- 00:58 – Their team of great developers are usually overseas
- 01:02 – The labor is cheaper and they’re well educated
- 01:08 – They have the software to know which is the best of the best
- 01:30 – They offer 30 days of free development
- 01:55 – It is quite cheap
- 02:09 – Eric currently has 2 developers
- 02:14 – One is based in Singapore and the other one is in Lithuania
- 02:26 – The developers are well-versed and get things done
- 02:56 – Eric found them in CodePen’s job board
- 03:20 – Eric has used Crew and Andela
- 03:40 – Andela hires developers from other countries so you will get them cheaper
- 03:44 – They have a strong vetting process
- 04:20 – Engineers and developers may not work well right away, but they should over time (once you find the amazing ones)
- 04:40 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Sniply which allows you to overlay CTA or forms over social links that you’re sharing
- 04:57 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 05:00 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 05:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- There are a lot of great developers overseas that will cost you way less than in the USA.
- Go to a website where developers usually lounge around—like forums and message boards.
- It may take you a few tries before you find the excellent engineers and developers that you need.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...