In Episode #304, Eric and Neil discuss where you can hire great writers. Tune in to learn how you can easily find great writers in your space and why hiring a full-time writer may work as a disadvantage to you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Where Can You Hire Great Writers?
- 00:46 – Eric and Neil both use Problogger religiously for finding their writers
- 01:05 – It’s cheap to put a job posting and there’s a lot of great people you can meet there
- 01:12 – Neil checks his competitors’ blogs and reaches out to some of the writers
- 01:22 – They usually accept any writing gig
- 01:30 – Don’t hire full-time writers because the ROI isn’t there
- 01:37 – People get burned out, so find someone who will write for you just a couple of times a week
- 01:51 – Find the most popular writers in your space based on comments and social shares
- 01:56 – Social shares mean they’re driving traffic and comments mean they’re engaging the audience
- 02:07 – If you’re doing audio and video podcast, go to Rev and have them transcribe podcast episodes
- 02:55 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Sniply which allows you to overlay CTA or forms over social links that you’re sharing
- 03:07 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 03:12 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 03:33 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Problogger is a great place to find your next writer.
- Find great writers in your space based on how many social shares and comments they receive, then offer them something reasonable.
- Transcribing your audio and video creates another way for your audience to engage with your content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...