In Episode #304, Eric and Neil discuss where you can hire great writers. Tune in to learn how you can easily find great writers in your space and why hiring a full-time writer may work as a disadvantage to you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Where Can You Hire Great Writers?
- 00:46 – Eric and Neil both use Problogger religiously for finding their writers
- 01:05 – It’s cheap to put a job posting and there’s a lot of great people you can meet there
- 01:12 – Neil checks his competitors’ blogs and reaches out to some of the writers
- 01:22 – They usually accept any writing gig
- 01:30 – Don’t hire full-time writers because the ROI isn’t there
- 01:37 – People get burned out, so find someone who will write for you just a couple of times a week
- 01:51 – Find the most popular writers in your space based on comments and social shares
- 01:56 – Social shares mean they’re driving traffic and comments mean they’re engaging the audience
- 02:07 – If you’re doing audio and video podcast, go to Rev and have them transcribe podcast episodes
- 02:55 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Sniply which allows you to overlay CTA or forms over social links that you’re sharing
- 03:07 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 03:12 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 03:33 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Problogger is a great place to find your next writer.
- Find great writers in your space based on how many social shares and comments they receive, then offer them something reasonable.
- Transcribing your audio and video creates another way for your audience to engage with your content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...