In episode #668, Eric and Neil break down their marketing dollars. Tune in to hear what the biggest marketing costs are and how you can avoid overspending.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Where do Neil and Eric Spend Their Marketing Dollars?
- [00:51] Eric spends about $10,000-$15,000/month on blog content.
- [01:12] Neil spends about $4,500/month on video content.
- [01:24] Podcasting costs Eric and Neil $700/month each.
- [01:40] They spend the same on video content.
- [01:48] Eric’s team just starting ramping up/retargeting their ads and spent $3000-$4000.
- [01:54] Neil spends most of his money on making and giving away free tools, which costs around $80,000/month.
- [02:12] Building tools takes up a lot of time.
- [02:20] Neil’s team found it is cheaper to buy out other companies than to spend money on marketing.
- [02:50] Building free tools gets you organic traffic.
- [03:02] If they were to add in salaries, that would only add an additional $25,000 to the mix.
- [03:15] Neil’s numbers include salaries in his estimation.
- [03:33] Editing blogs costs about $2000/month, but Neil doesn’t pay for translations.
- [03:52] If you build up brand equity, you can get a lot of work for free.
- [04:10] One strategy for people with a minimal amount of capital: find people to partner with. You will get stuff for free and both of you will gain a new audience.
- [04:35] Guest posts are really helpful.
- [05:28] That’s it for today!
- [05:32] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1201, we talk about how Eric Siu gets ahead of his competitors! From attending events and going to bed early, Eric has a bunch of helpful tips and possible jumpstarts for you and your busi...
In episode #1200, we talk about how Neil Patel gets ahead of his competitors! From working in the holidays, allowing small amounts of downtime, and mapping out partnerships, Neil has some great strate...
In episode #1199, we talk about a few books that can help you and your brand in 2020! We share some choices that deal with customers, coaching, ambition and more, while also considering the benefits o...