In episode #668, Eric and Neil break down their marketing dollars. Tune in to hear what the biggest marketing costs are and how you can avoid overspending.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Where do Neil and Eric Spend Their Marketing Dollars?
- [00:51] Eric spends about $10,000-$15,000/month on blog content.
- [01:12] Neil spends about $4,500/month on video content.
- [01:24] Podcasting costs Eric and Neil $700/month each.
- [01:40] They spend the same on video content.
- [01:48] Eric’s team just starting ramping up/retargeting their ads and spent $3000-$4000.
- [01:54] Neil spends most of his money on making and giving away free tools, which costs around $80,000/month.
- [02:12] Building tools takes up a lot of time.
- [02:20] Neil’s team found it is cheaper to buy out other companies than to spend money on marketing.
- [02:50] Building free tools gets you organic traffic.
- [03:02] If they were to add in salaries, that would only add an additional $25,000 to the mix.
- [03:15] Neil’s numbers include salaries in his estimation.
- [03:33] Editing blogs costs about $2000/month, but Neil doesn’t pay for translations.
- [03:52] If you build up brand equity, you can get a lot of work for free.
- [04:10] One strategy for people with a minimal amount of capital: find people to partner with. You will get stuff for free and both of you will gain a new audience.
- [04:35] Guest posts are really helpful.
- [05:28] That’s it for today!
- [05:32] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1145, we share 7 creative ways to get more links to your business. From tools and broken links to websites that you can buy and merge your data into, we cover a ton of ways you can stimula...
In episode #1144, we unpack the recent collaborative study on organic click-through rates. This study, conducted by Backlinko and Marketing School, shows findings from over 5 millions Google search re...
In episode #1143, we help you think about how to pick the ideal price! We cover customized pricing models, calculators, pricing according to value, adjusting prices over time, and more! Tune in to hea...