In episode #668, Eric and Neil break down their marketing dollars. Tune in to hear what the biggest marketing costs are and how you can avoid overspending.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Where do Neil and Eric Spend Their Marketing Dollars?
- [00:51] Eric spends about $10,000-$15,000/month on blog content.
- [01:12] Neil spends about $4,500/month on video content.
- [01:24] Podcasting costs Eric and Neil $700/month each.
- [01:40] They spend the same on video content.
- [01:48] Eric’s team just starting ramping up/retargeting their ads and spent $3000-$4000.
- [01:54] Neil spends most of his money on making and giving away free tools, which costs around $80,000/month.
- [02:12] Building tools takes up a lot of time.
- [02:20] Neil’s team found it is cheaper to buy out other companies than to spend money on marketing.
- [02:50] Building free tools gets you organic traffic.
- [03:02] If they were to add in salaries, that would only add an additional $25,000 to the mix.
- [03:15] Neil’s numbers include salaries in his estimation.
- [03:33] Editing blogs costs about $2000/month, but Neil doesn’t pay for translations.
- [03:52] If you build up brand equity, you can get a lot of work for free.
- [04:10] One strategy for people with a minimal amount of capital: find people to partner with. You will get stuff for free and both of you will gain a new audience.
- [04:35] Guest posts are really helpful.
- [05:28] That’s it for today!
- [05:32] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....