In Episode #220, Eric and Neil discuss where marketing is going in 2017. YouTube videos, personal branding, and building an online community are the popular trends in marketing today. Tune in and get a glimpse of each of these streams and who’s doing it right.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Where Marketing Is Going in 2017
- 00:35 – There’s more video content in marketing
- 00:48 – YouTube just released their live streaming feature for mobile phones
- 01:00 – Going live on Facebook is also happening
- 01:24 – Companies aren’t hiring CMOs anymore
- 01:40 – “Marketing has a new mindset”
- 01:52 – You can leverage so many assets within a company
- 02:02 – Dropbox has grown by inviting friends and getting more storage space
- 02:23 – Online marketing ads are getting saturated and are rising
- 02:48 – Growth hacking is starting to become mainstream
- 03:13 – Build a community
- 04:14 – Marketing automation is becoming prevalent
- 04:45 – Personal branding
- 04:54 – It is easier and cheaper to acquire companies for a business through personal branding
- 05:58 – Neil’s goal is to take his personal branding to 3x this year
- 06:18 – “You really can’t sell a personal brand”
- 07:12 – A company that relies on personal branding is more difficult to sell
- 07:50 – Ryan Deiss’ personal brand DigitalMarketer
- 08:50 – Take a look at what Native Commerce is doing
- 09:01 – Look at data signs
- 09:38 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Video content is dominating the marketing space, in 2017.
- A community can help your branding stick to people.
- Personal branding has its pros and cons – be sure to build and use it wisely.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...