In Episode #220, Eric and Neil discuss where marketing is going in 2017. YouTube videos, personal branding, and building an online community are the popular trends in marketing today. Tune in and get a glimpse of each of these streams and who’s doing it right.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Where Marketing Is Going in 2017
- 00:35 – There’s more video content in marketing
- 00:48 – YouTube just released their live streaming feature for mobile phones
- 01:00 – Going live on Facebook is also happening
- 01:24 – Companies aren’t hiring CMOs anymore
- 01:40 – “Marketing has a new mindset”
- 01:52 – You can leverage so many assets within a company
- 02:02 – Dropbox has grown by inviting friends and getting more storage space
- 02:23 – Online marketing ads are getting saturated and are rising
- 02:48 – Growth hacking is starting to become mainstream
- 03:13 – Build a community
- 03:29 – It is indispensable and takes time
- 03:45 – Casey Neistat’s company was bought by CNN because of Casey’s following of millions on YouTube
- 04:10 – Pat Flynn also has a good community around him
- 04:14 – Marketing automation is becoming prevalent
- 04:30 – Use tools such as Infusionsoft or Drip
- 04:45 – Personal branding
- 04:54 – It is easier and cheaper to acquire companies for a business through personal branding
- 05:58 – Neil’s goal is to take his personal branding to 3x this year
- 06:18 – “You really can’t sell a personal brand”
- 07:12 – A company that relies on personal branding is more difficult to sell
- 07:50 – Ryan Deiss’ personal brand DigitalMarketer
- 08:50 – Take a look at what Native Commerce is doing
- 09:01 – Look at data signs
- 09:38 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Video content is dominating the marketing space, in 2017.
- A community can help your branding stick to people.
- Personal branding has its pros and cons – be sure to build and use it wisely.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...