In Episode #71 Eric and Neil highlight where marketing efforts are wasted. They’ll teach you the tools, techniques, and strategies to avoid that waste and minimize costs.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Where are most people’s marketing efforts wasted?
- 00:41 – You don’t need a big marketing team
- 01:24 – Look for contractors
- 01:36 – Hiring too many full-time people can slow down the process
- 02:14 – Outsourced doesn’t completely mean overseas
- 02:49 – You have to be strategic in marketing
- 03:23 – Don’t over extend yourself
- 04:12 – Design related elements sometimes waste too much money
- 05:08 – Don’t dedicate everything to a specific marketing process
- 05:36 – Budget out how much money and time you want to spend
- 05:48 – Try things but don’t forget to track!
- 07:54 – Make sure you’re tracking the right stuff
- 08:46 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- A big marketing team is not always necessary.
- Marketing requires strategy—if you don’t have strategy, don’t start marketing.
- Try and test LOTS of different marketing techniques, but ensure you’re tracking the right data.
- ProBlogger & Upwork – Where you can hire writers
- Cyfe – Where you can create different dashboards
- Google Analytics – Where you can track your ROI
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...