In episode #972, we discuss the future of podcasting. Tune in to hear where we think podcasting is going next.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Where Podcasting is Going Next
- [00:35] Luminary is a company that is trying to be the Netflix of podcasting.
- [00:55] Their at the stage where they are producing their own shows and they charge a subscription fee.
- [01:15] Podcasting is becoming a maturing field.
- [01:45] Neil thinks podcasting is heading towards full integration into daily life.
- [02:30] He thinks it will integrate with Alexa and other smart home devices.
- [03:15] Mary Meeker does an internet trend report every year.
- [03:45] There is a gap in monetization for podcasts.
- [04:15] Anchor allows you to make podcasts and monetize.
- [05:02] AI isn’t where it needs to be yet, but it will soon be advanced enough to know when you want to listen to certain things.
- [05:15] That’s it for today!
- [05:20] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...