In Episode #287, Eric and Neil discuss where you should focus your marketing efforts first. Tune in to learn why you need to market on your strengths, first and foremost, and the value of focusing on one task BEFORE moving or adding another.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Where Should You Focus Your Marketing Efforts First?
- 00:35 – Focus your marketing efforts on what you’re the BEST at, first
- 00:46 – If you’re not sure what your specialty is, try different marketing tactics
- 01:03 – If you have a specific skillset, use that first
- 01:10 – This will surely drive the best result
- 01:22 – Neil does paid ads, but he focuses on content marketing and SEO because that is what he and his company is good at
- 01:39 – Neil doesn’t consider himself as one of the best advertisers
- 01:42 – “I focus on what I know because that’s what tends to produce great results”
- 02:24 – The word Warren Buffett and Bill Gates believe makes them successful is “focus”
- 02:33 – Focus on one thing first, do it right and move to the next thing
- 02:37 – Same goes for business and marketing, focus on one thing first
- 02:44 – Get that one service or product right for business and get that one marketing channel right for marketing
- 02:49 – Don’t try to do two things at once
- 03:17 – If you’re a new marketer going into a new company, take a look at their numbers and look at what’s working for them
- 03:23 – Treehouse focuses on YouTube ads
- 03:42 – Neil still remembers how Eric was crushing it with Treehouse
- 04:04 – YouTube ads are not Neil’s core competency, and so he wasn’t as successful as Eric was
- 04:18 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year annual subscription to Mixmax, a sales and marketing tool
- 04:33 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:37 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:59 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- If you focus on what you’re good at, this will drive the best results.
- Don’t do a couple of things at the same time—focus your energy on one thing, master it, then move on to the next.
- If you’re a new marketer going into a new company—look at their numbers and find what’s working for them and what isn’t.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...