In episode #776, Eric and Neil discuss why blogging too often may hurt your rankings. Tune in to hear why you should consider blogging less.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Blogging Too Often Will Hurt Your Rankings
- [00:45] A site has “x” amount of authority.
- [01:05] You’ll find that if you start blogging more over time, a lot of your content will become outdated.
- [01:32] Old pages will drop in rankings, but eventually your whole site will suffer because of outdated posts.
- [02:20] Refer to the Content Reusage Framework.
- [02:22] A VC named Tomasz Tonguz did a study on the value of temporal content vs. evergreen content.
- [02:47] The difference between a news site and an evergreen site is that your rankings will spike from time to time, whereas evergreen content stacks in rankings over time.
- [03:25] Focus on writing better content, which will help your rankings.
- [03:45] The majority of your posts will not generate much traffic.
- [03:55] 20% of your content will make up 70% of your traffic.
- [04:13] Go to SEMRush or Ahrefs and look at what is popular on your competitors’ sites.
- [04:30] BuzzSumo will also show you what people love.
- [05:02] Follow the data.
- [05:19] That’s it for today!
- [05:35] Go to here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...