In episode #776, Eric and Neil discuss why blogging too often may hurt your rankings. Tune in to hear why you should consider blogging less.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Blogging Too Often Will Hurt Your Rankings
- [00:45] A site has “x” amount of authority.
- [01:05] You’ll find that if you start blogging more over time, a lot of your content will become outdated.
- [01:32] Old pages will drop in rankings, but eventually your whole site will suffer because of outdated posts.
- [02:20] Refer to the Content Reusage Framework.
- [02:22] A VC named Tomasz Tonguz did a study on the value of temporal content vs. evergreen content.
- [02:47] The difference between a news site and an evergreen site is that your rankings will spike from time to time, whereas evergreen content stacks in rankings over time.
- [03:25] Focus on writing better content, which will help your rankings.
- [03:45] The majority of your posts will not generate much traffic.
- [03:55] 20% of your content will make up 70% of your traffic.
- [04:13] Go to SEMRush or Ahrefs and look at what is popular on your competitors’ sites.
- [04:30] BuzzSumo will also show you what people love.
- [05:02] Follow the data.
- [05:19] That’s it for today!
- [05:35] Go to here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...