In episode #2021, Neil and Eric talk about why celebrities like Paris Hilton and Jimmy Fallon bought Bored Ape NFTs. Crypto and NFTs are becoming increasingly mainstream, which is especially evident when you see the type of celebrities getting involved. We discuss how status, brand loyalty, and the opportunity to monetize are driving these decisions for celebrities.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Why Celebrities Like Paris Hilton and Jimmy Fallon Bought Bored Ape NFTs.
- [00:28] The context of Bought Ape Yacht Club NFTs, the celebrities that have bought them, and some of the prices they’ve paid.
- [00:55] The role that status plays in these NFT purchases.
- [01:21] How celebrities can monetize their NFTs.
- [01:51] What endorsements from celebrities tell you about an NFT product.
- [02:36] That’s it for today!
- [02:38] Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe!
- [02:42] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Bored Ape Yacht Club
- Origin Protocol
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...