In episode #824, we discuss why you shouldn’t copy your competitors. Tune in to hear how you can beat the competition without copying their tactics.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Copying Your Competition Doesn’t Work Anymore
- [00:37] In marketing, things change constantly.
- [01:40] What has worked for others in a given time span, won’t work in the future because it has already been done to death.
- [02:20] Copying means you are not the visionary, you are the follower. This will leave you with an inferior product or service.
- [03:10] Every few months, Google rolls out algorithm updates.
- [03:30] SEO from 10 years ago won’t work today.
- [04:15] If you look at Drift or Intercom, they didn’t copy the competition.
- [04:41] Drift always changes how they launch new features.
- [05:15] Product Hunt didn’t work for Neil as well as it did for Drift.
- [05:40] Always look for new channels and make sure you’re taking an omni-channel approach.
- [06:12] That’s it for today!
- [06:20] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1174, we talk about how we handle our to-do lists and get our marketing things done! From prioritizing and cutting excess to methods and frameworks, we cover a ton of great ways to get thi...
In episode #1173, we talk about the trend that email newsletters and podcasting is currently moving towards. We are seeing more paid subscription services for content creators, whereby subscribers can...
In episode #1172, we discuss the best ways to do a blazing fast audit of a website! There are a ton of tools that make this process easy, cheap, and effective. Today we unpack which ones we use and wh...