In episode #824, we discuss why you shouldn’t copy your competitors. Tune in to hear how you can beat the competition without copying their tactics.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Copying Your Competition Doesn’t Work Anymore
- [00:37] In marketing, things change constantly.
- [01:40] What has worked for others in a given time span, won’t work in the future because it has already been done to death.
- [02:20] Copying means you are not the visionary, you are the follower. This will leave you with an inferior product or service.
- [03:10] Every few months, Google rolls out algorithm updates.
- [03:30] SEO from 10 years ago won’t work today.
- [04:15] If you look at Drift or Intercom, they didn’t copy the competition.
- [04:41] Drift always changes how they launch new features.
- [05:15] Product Hunt didn’t work for Neil as well as it did for Drift.
- [05:40] Always look for new channels and make sure you’re taking an omni-channel approach.
- [06:12] That’s it for today!
- [06:20] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...