In episode #858, we discuss why dwell time matters for SEO. Tune in to hear how you can increase your dwell time.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Dwell Time Matters for SEO (and How to Increase It)
- [00:36] Dwell time is how long people spend on your page.
- [00:46] Google factors this in when ranking your site.
- [01:05] The longer a visitor stays on your site, the more engaged they are.
- [01:57] Look at your pages with the most search traffic and figure out the highest ranking keywords.
- [02:30] If you make sure that your webpage answers the questions people are searching for, it will increase your dwell time.
- [02:41] A friend of ours has an app called “YouTube Subscribe Bar”.
- [03:00] When you write a post, find a relevant video on YouTube, plug the embed code into the app, and it will not only embed the video, but allow you to post a link to subscribe to your channel instead of the video creator’s channel.
- [03:50] If you’re not sure what people want, make a survey asking them.
- [04:04] That’s it for today!
- [04:20] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1201, we talk about how Eric Siu gets ahead of his competitors! From attending events and going to bed early, Eric has a bunch of helpful tips and possible jumpstarts for you and your busi...
In episode #1200, we talk about how Neil Patel gets ahead of his competitors! From working in the holidays, allowing small amounts of downtime, and mapping out partnerships, Neil has some great strate...
In episode #1199, we talk about a few books that can help you and your brand in 2020! We share some choices that deal with customers, coaching, ambition and more, while also considering the benefits o...