In episode #705, Eric and Neil discuss their feelings about conferences. Tune in to hear why Eric loves them and Neil thinks they are a waste of time.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Eric Loves Conferences and Why Neil Hates Them
- [00:45] Eric likes that he can connect with distant acquaintances and friends.
- [01:05] It gives you the chance to deepen connections.
- [01:30] Neil hates them, because he sees the dinners as a distraction.
- [01:50] He believes you can pick up more information watching YouTube videos, which is less expensive than a conference.
- [02:12] Neil thinks people don’t implement the things they learn at conferences.
- [02:50] He doesn’t see a direct correlation between attending conferences and increased revenue.
- [02:58] Most marketers also go to the wrong kind of conferences.
- [03:15] Eric agrees you need to be more selective about which conferences you attend.
- [04:05] If you don’t expand your horizons, you will keep getting the same info from the same people.
- [04:49] If you are at the beginning of your career, there is probably more value to conferences.
- [05:05] Networking through Skype, Slack, or Telegram is also effective.
- [05:30] Neil has been turning down paid speaking gigs, because he doesn’t see the value in conferences.
- [06:01] Go to free networking events or even thrown your own.
- [06:20] Try to make a list of the people you want to meet, so you have some focus.
- [06:44] That’s it for today!
- [06:46] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1542, we give you a few ways to gather priceless customer research for free! Sound too good to be true? Well it isn’t! From online searches and surveys to simple tools that give you amaz...
In episode #1541, we talk about the marketing trends that we are most excited about for Q4! From the often-mentioned voice search and paid subscriptions, to stories on LinkedIn and beyond, these trend...
In episode #1540, we share our new, number one Instagram strategy for growing brand new accounts. Growing an Instagram can take a long time, but if you go Live with people who have huge followings, do...