In episode #705, Eric and Neil discuss their feelings about conferences. Tune in to hear why Eric loves them and Neil thinks they are a waste of time.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Eric Loves Conferences and Why Neil Hates Them
- [00:45] Eric likes that he can connect with distant acquaintances and friends.
- [01:05] It gives you the chance to deepen connections.
- [01:30] Neil hates them, because he sees the dinners as a distraction.
- [01:50] He believes you can pick up more information watching YouTube videos, which is less expensive than a conference.
- [02:12] Neil thinks people don’t implement the things they learn at conferences.
- [02:50] He doesn’t see a direct correlation between attending conferences and increased revenue.
- [02:58] Most marketers also go to the wrong kind of conferences.
- [03:15] Eric agrees you need to be more selective about which conferences you attend.
- [04:05] If you don’t expand your horizons, you will keep getting the same info from the same people.
- [04:49] If you are at the beginning of your career, there is probably more value to conferences.
- [05:05] Networking through Skype, Slack, or Telegram is also effective.
- [05:30] Neil has been turning down paid speaking gigs, because he doesn’t see the value in conferences.
- [06:01] Go to free networking events or even thrown your own.
- [06:20] Try to make a list of the people you want to meet, so you have some focus.
- [06:44] That’s it for today!
- [06:46] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #930, we discuss how to use Amazon for content and product development. Tune in to hear how you can use reviews to your advantage....
In episode #929, we discuss whether you should rebrand your logo. Tune in to hear if a rebranding is worth the trouble....