In episode #1769, we talk about earnings calls and the value of listening to them from a marketing perspective. Earnings calls are updates shared by publicly traded companies every quarter. So much of the strategies that internet marketers use are intertwined with companies like Google, Facebook, and Amazon. Listening to what the CEOs of these companies are thinking about during their earnings calls can set you apart from the rest!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why Every Marketer Should Listen to Earnings Calls.
- [00:30] What are earnings calls?
- [01:05] Following the paid advertising strategies of big social platforms.
- [02:33] Getting ahead of trends by tapping into CEOs’ thinking.
- [03:19] Understanding what sets the companies you admire apart.
- [04:06] Go to marketingschool.io/live to hang out with Neil and Eric in September.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2182, Neil and Eric talk about how they would start from scratch today. While a lot of trends in marketing are continually evolving, there will always be a place for good content and engag...
In episode #2181, Neil and Eric talk about Meta’s announcement that Facebook will be undergoing a redesign based on the TikTok platform. Facebook has always excelled at taking what's working for oth...
In episode #2180, Neil and Eric talk about why it’s better to share stories of your experiences than to give advice. Whenever you give someone advice you’re taking a risk because you have no way o...