In episode #2033, we talk about why GIFs are the future of product screenshots. In the early days of product screenshots, people were excited about the prospects of video for boosting conversions. GIFs one-up video in many respects though, because they can be delivered with more immediacy. However, when it comes to conversions, there is one thing that beats any form of product display, so be sure to tune in to hear what that is!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Why GIFs Are the Future of Product Screenshots.
- [00:28] The problem with newer formats for displaying products.
- [01:06] Why GIFs are theoretically better than videos for displaying products.
- [01:17] What Neil found out when he tested images versus GIFs.
- [02:34] The time-to-value ratio for GIFs.
- [03:05] How to create your own GIFs.
- [03:30] Why the content is more important than the GIF or video.
- [04:40] That’s it for today.
- [03:25] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...