In episode #2033, we talk about why GIFs are the future of product screenshots. In the early days of product screenshots, people were excited about the prospects of video for boosting conversions. GIFs one-up video in many respects though, because they can be delivered with more immediacy. However, when it comes to conversions, there is one thing that beats any form of product display, so be sure to tune in to hear what that is!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Why GIFs Are the Future of Product Screenshots.
- [00:28] The problem with newer formats for displaying products.
- [01:06] Why GIFs are theoretically better than videos for displaying products.
- [01:17] What Neil found out when he tested images versus GIFs.
- [02:34] The time-to-value ratio for GIFs.
- [03:05] How to create your own GIFs.
- [03:30] Why the content is more important than the GIF or video.
- [04:40] That’s it for today.
- [03:25] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...