Why Google Is Re-Ranking Your OLD Content?
In episode #1663, Neil and Eric talk about why your old content might be re-ranking on Google. Your content’s ranking is not permanent and can go up and down. Find out why you should be keeping things fresh, how to focus on user experience, and figuring out which keywords work best. Tune in to hear it all!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why Google Is Re-Ranking Your OLD Content?
- [00:29] When you produce content, its ranking can fluctuate over time.
- [00:59] Some content, like events, is timebound but other things are evergreen.
- [01:37] Keep things updated and fresh, even just the videos, images, and UX.
- [02:09] You have to think about whether you are creating the best experience possible.
- [02:22] Look at the keywords on old posts and see how they rank.
- [02:45] That’s it for today!
- [02:45] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
- Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...